Boom Island Brewing Company to pair up these festive treats with each of their beers. But even if you aren't a beer person, these cookies are sure to please. Buttery shortbread, rich pecans and a healthy dusting of powdered sugar...what's not to love! The shaping of these cookies is a tad tedious, but worth the extra time. And after these cookies are baked, they freeze beautiful so you can happily enjoy them throughout the holiday season.
Recipe adapted from Gale Gand
Yields about 5 dozen cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 c finely ground pecans
- powdered sugar for coating
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Gradually add the flour and nuts and mix until just combined. The dough with be very crumbly.
- Shape the dough into tiny crescents using about 2 tsp of dough for each cookie. Place on an ungreased sheet pan in rows, leaving 1 inch in between. Chill the cookies for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly and then dredge in powdered sugar to coat.