Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blistered Cherry Tomatoes with Bacon

Occasionally the odd craving will hit me. Such as having a bowl of blistered cherry tomatoes for breakfast. Why? I have not a clue. It felt very British of me. Paired with the salty bursts of flavor and crunchy bites from the bacon, I must say, I have no regrets.

the recipe is my own

serves 1

The Ingredients:
1 slice bacon
1 handful cherry or sungold tomatoes (8-10)

The Process:
Add the bacon to a cold cast iron skillet and set over medium low heat. Fry, turning frequently,  until fat has rendered and bacon is crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Crumble and reserve.

Increase heat to medium-high. Add the tomatoes to the bacon fat in the skillet and sautee until the skins blister and begin to burst, turning occasionally, 4-5 minutes.

Remove blistered tomatoes to a serving bowl. Drizzle pan juices over top. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment