Thursday, January 10, 2013

Maple Miso Salmon


Every once in a while the mood for a fresh piece of fish strikes.  It is a urge that really shouldn't be denied.  So off to the fish monger or super market we go, to track the freshest fillet.  In this case, salmon. I already new I wanted to treat it with a miso glaze.   The maple syrup added a richness not quite reached by honey or sugar.  Come summer I would love to try this on a cedar plank over the grill.

The recipe is my own

serves 3

The Ingredients:
1 lb sockeye salmon
1 1/2 Tbsp white miso paste
1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
squirt of Srirachi

The Process:
Preheat the oven to 400
 
Paste together the miso, maple syrup and srirachi.  Place the fish, skin side down on a foil lined baking sheet.  Slather with miso/maple glaze.  Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and the flakes easily.

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that my mouth started watering when I read maple miso?? Haha that alone sounds amazing then you add in the salmon! I will be giving this recipe a try, thanks for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete